Monday 30 July 2012

Girl Crazy



I admit it I absolutely love Girls! I understand how that might appear to be salacious but I mean the tv show.
I started watching the show by chance a few weeks ago and now I'm absolutely hooked. It's one of those things I love watching but at the same time am just indecently jealous that I didnt write myself.
Lena Dunham is an awesome role model not only is she an award-nominated director and actress but also creator, writer and executive producer of the show.
The series is set in New York and follows a group of four friends as they deal with life, relationships and becoming adults. If the premise sounds fluffy, you have to bear in mind that this show is unashemedly the anti-Sex and the City. I always wondered in Sex and the City how they seemed to have a thousand million dollars to buy Manolos and dozens of cosmos and salads every day, Girls actually deals with the cold hard reality of being broke and needing to pay rent. Didnt you ever wonder how the girls of Sex and the City could have hundreds of encounters of casual sex yet hardly ever worry about the dangers of STDs and pregnancy scares or on the flip side having to deal with emotionally distant men, the second episode of Girls deals with both HPV and abortion as well as the ongoing trials of Hannah with the undoubtedly worst douche-bag of all time, Adam.

Anyway I'm just absolutely loving the sharp writing and edgy subject matter in Girls and I really think its the best series out there right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment